RecSports knows that life under the current circumstances can be challenging so we’ve created a list of six easy activities you can do at home to take a mental R.E.C.E.S.S. from the day-to-day stress and anxiety.
The simple act of smiling can put you in a better mood, so we’ve pulled together some of our favorite sources of happy news that make us smile.
- Some Good News by John Krasinski
- The Good Newspaper weekly newsletter
- The Happy News Instagram account
Take as little as five minutes to explore something unfamiliar and learn a new skill.
- Try learning a new language with Duolingo
- Learn how to take better care of your houseplants
- Take an online course with LinkedIn Learning
- Take it outdoors with these tips from the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Not only will you clear your mind, but at the end of it you’ll have something to eat!
- Tasty’s Quarantine Cooking web series
- Watch professional chefs make gourmet versions of your favorite snack foods
- Become a better baker with Food52
- Discover seven easy at-home recipes from Buzzfeed
Take a few minutes out of your day to stretch, go for a walk, or meditate. These are some of the easiest ways to reset your mind to stay focused and positive.
- Try a RecSports virtual class
- Join the Recreation Movement to view workouts from 60+ colleges and universities
- Take a short break with us and get moving with one of the 15-minute videos in our Final Stretch playlist!
Check in with yourself and your loved ones.
- Sync up your favorite binge show with Netflix Party
- Organize a virtual game night with games like Monopoly, Settlers of Catan and Jackbox
- Start a journal to create new routines that can become habits and help process your thoughts and emotions
- Create a playlist to send to a friend
- Do a virtual exercise class together using Zoom
If you can’t be with your friends or family, send them some love from afar with a free card.
- Open Me has some free digital e-cards you can send
- Make them laugh with a JibJab e-card
- Know someone with an upcoming birthday? Get some inspiration here